Kothu Parotta ( literally, minced parotta ), is a high energy, famous street food of Tamil Nadu, South India. Seeing this being made in roadside hotels is awesome...:)
· Eggs - 3
· Oil - 2 tbsp
· Mustard - ¼ tsp
· Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
· Curry leaves - a few
· Onion - 2
· Minced garlic, ginger - 1 tbsp
· Green chilly - 1
· Red bell pepper cubed - ½ cup
· Mashed tomato - ½ cups
· Chaat masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Red chilly flakes - 1 tsp
· Garam masala pwd - ½ tsp
· Salt to taste
· Fresh coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in medium flame in a wide pan
2. Add mustard, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
3. Sauté till it pops.
4. Add finely chopped onions and cook until transculent.
5. Add minced garlic, ginger, green chillies and cook for 1 minute.
Chop Red Bell Pepper, green chilly and fresh coriander leaves to fine slices.
6. Add cubed red bell pepper and finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
7. Sauté well for few seconds.
8. Add mashed tomato and cook for few minutes until oil separates.
9. Add chaat masala pwd, red chilly flakes, garam masala pwd and salt.
11.Tear and break Parotta to fine bite sized pieces.
12.Add chopped Parotta and stir fry the Parotta pieces, until the curry and onion mixture is well blended with Parotta.
13.Once the Parotta absorbs all the spice masala to it, break the eggs and add into the pan directly.
14.Increase the heat and mix continuously until the eggs are scrambled.
15.Now bring the flame to low medium, and cook the eggs together with minced parotta, until the masala turns dry
16.Remove from flame.
17.Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
18.Serve hot with onion raitha & any sauce.