Rabbit meat – 1kgTurmeric powder – 1tsp
Red chilly powder – 1tsp
Salt – 1tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece (cut into small pieces)
Garlic – 5 cut into small pieces
Onion – 2 cut length wise
Curry leaves – a few
Black pepper – 3 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Clean the rabbit meat and pat dry
2. In a kadai mix rabbit meat, turmeric powder, red chilly and salt. Mix it is nicely with hand
3. Cook this for 5 min.
4. While it is cooking take heat another kadai and add oil.
5. To this add curry leaves, ginger & garlic, sauté for a min
6. Now add onion and sauté till it becomes transparent.
7. Switch off the burner and add 2tbsp black pepper and mix well.
8. Add this to the rabbit meat which is cooking in a separate kadai and mix well.
9. Cover the lid and cook for 5 min.
10. So at this level if you fell you can add a half or 1 tsp more black pepper.
11. Cook for another 5 min or till the meat is cooked and there is thick gravy.
Note : rabbit meat has a very fishy smell, pepper is put in abundance to overpower this.